Did you watch the Oscars last Sunday? I loved the red carpet so much that I think it’s the most exciting part of the entire program… 🙂
Here are my favorite gowns from the evening:
Top row, from left:
* Michelle Williams – Coral (it looked red!), strapless Louis Vuitton peplum gown with a structured bustier and a tiered floor-length skirt. Her look was ingeniously accessorized with a jeweled bow detail at the waist and a girly pale pink clutch. My number one!
* Louise Roe – Absolutely fabulous! Tiered blush Black Halo gown with squared shoulders. Louise accessorized with Jacqueline Nerguizian jewels.
* Kristen Wiig – Strapless nude J. Mendel dress with a sweetheart neckline and tiered details down the full-length skirt. She contrasted the frothy look with a dark manicure and opted to leave her highlighted tresses in beach-ready waves.
Center row, from left:
* Tina Fey – Black, strapless Carolina Herrera gown with a figure-flattering peplum waist. Tina gave the look a personal touch with bold blue-and-green chandelier earrings and a matching cocktail ring.
* Berenice Bejo – Adorable! Elie Saab Couture frock in a subdued minty green, paired with drop earrings of a similar hue. The floor-length gown featured a plunging v-neck and long, sheer sleeves with delicate lace details. It could have passed for a vintage couture piece! The gown’s pale mint hue was a beautiful pairing with her copper locks and dramatic emerald-and-diamond drop earrings.
* Penelope Cruz – Flowing periwinkle dress from Armani Privé. She added a classic touch with diamond jewels and shiny 1950s-inspired curls.
Bottom row, from left:
* Glenn Close – Dark green Zac Posen gown which featured a strapless structured bodice and skirt, with a mermaid train. She completed the look with a matching tuxedo style jacket (ingenious!) and diamond earrings by Bulgari.
* Milla Jovovich – Pearly white/silver one-shoulder gown with sequins from Elie Saab’s Haute Couture collection. Milla completed her ensemble with classic red lips, artfully arranged curls, and a very cute box clutch.
* Emma Stone: Red bow necked Giambattista Valli dress with Louis Vuitton bag and jewels. She may have copied Nicole Kidman from the 2007 Oscars but I like this dress better!
What was your favorite dress?